Hello! Welcome to my cyber home. So glad you came by for a visit. My name is Gail. I am a wife, mom, and writer. I am also a daughter of the King, fighter, and overcomer. I am a woman on a spiritual journey.
Center of His Wheel is about staying balanced. As a wife, mom, and writer, I can quickly become unbalanced, flopping about with the cares of life. But, the Potter continually draws me to the center of His wheel. It is there I find the peace I so desperately crave and the joy that alludes me, otherwise.
But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. Isaiah 64:8
Unfortunately, I didn’t always run to Him. In fact, this journey didn’t begin with sunshine and roses, but heartache, depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-destructive actions. But thankfully, the Lord didn’t give up on me. His love won me over, and I eventually gave my heart to Him.
My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. Song of Solomon 2:16
Afterward, I studied hard and passed state boards for cosmetology. And then, I married the man of my dreams, had two loving kids, moved a house, and remodeled said house.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
In the past, I have written songs, plays, local newspaper articles, and Bible studies. Currently, I am working on several manuscripts while blogging.
First of all, I love my Heavenly Father, His Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord, and Savior. The Holy Spirit, my Comforter, and Guide.
Second, I love my wonderful family. The Lord has given me an amazing family and friends (including my online friends!) who love and support me.
Finally, I was born and raised in the South, and I love all things southern—well maybe not the mosquitoes. But who doesn’t like fried chicken, fried okra, and fried squash? You get the idea. I hope you’ll join me as I share this incredible season of life!
Something about me:
- Coffee is my cup of southern comfort.
- I have at least one DIY project in progress at all times.
- Four-wheeling- I just do it to make my kids anxious. You should’ve seen my daughter the day I did a ‘donut’ around the utility pole. Their favorite saying—”Your bones won’t heal like they use to.” Oh well.
- Music-I awake with music in my head. What? You don’t?
- Writing—I love telling stories through fiction, non-fiction, and songs. My song “Less of Me and More of You” came in the top 5 runners-up in the 2010 Singing News/Solid Gospel Songwriters Search
So now that we’ve met grab a glass of iced tea, with or without lemon, or a cup of coffee. Relax and stay awhile! And while you’re here share something about yourself!